Monday, February 8, 2016

 Hey everyone! How has your week been? Mine has been pretty good! I never really know what to talk about, or tell anyone about. So questions are welcome, send me a question, and I'll answer it in next week's email! Q & A with Elder Adams next week! I honestly really don't know what to say. 
 
 Well, my mission is going well. It has been the best thing I could have done with this past year, plus a couple months. Looking back, I always see how I can improve. I mean really. Looking back on the first few months of my mission I think, "Just look at where you are now! Why can't you see what's going to happen! It gets so much better!" Life wouldn't be much of a test if we always knew what was going to happen in the future. I've always known it'll be great, but sometimes it is hard to tell. That's okay, I've learned to live by a little bit of a motto. As always I've related it as best I can to Rugby. Even, though I haven't played it in a long time, I still love it and consider it the best sport ever. It also comes from a quote by Pres. Monson. He says, "Life by the yard is hard, by the inch it's a cinch." And that is so true! It gets hard when we always look at the big picture and we can easily get overwhelmed, but handling everything one step at a time helps us to walk farther than we ever thought we'd be able to! So the phrase I've used to work for me is, "Plan for the yard, but play by the inch." It's good to know the big picture and where you are going, but play with what's in front of you. Follow the Prophet and God's commandments. They are the best coaches we have and when we are in the middle of an intense Rugby match, (or football game, or soccer, or tennis, or whatever your athletic analogy you have used maybe), they call out the best plays, that Heavenly Father knows will work for us. Sometimes they emphasize stuff we wouldn't expect or stuff that surprises us, but they are always for our benefit! Have an awesome week everyone! I love you!
Elder Adams
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment