Sunday, October 25, 2015


Hello Everyone!
How has your week been? My week has been good! Nothing super exciting, but nothing super bad either, so it was good? Anything exciting coming up? Don't have much to say this week, just an experience that I had the past week, but to start it off, let's look at this scripture. James 1:19, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:". Now, my companion and I had an experience that was the epitome of this scripture. We had sat down to take lunch a few days ago, and we got a telephone call from a number, whose caller ID was "Restricted" immediately the Spirit said this wasn't going to be a good phone call, and I understood as I answered it. The man initially asked what are beliefs were about, and how our services were conducted. So we started to explain, then asked him what he knew about our beliefs, which to spare you the details, lead to a 20 minute call of him anti-ing and finding fault in our religion. So, I personally knew I wasn't able to match him with everything he was talking about, I didn't know the answers, but we listened, we gave him answers to what we could, and kept our cool. It allowed us to end on good terms, where he had initially come on very aggressively. I
listened and found some common ground as he talked, stating he retired from the Air Force, we talked about that for a little bit, which cooled him off. So, sometimes we just need to listen in order to help. Now, he didn't convert because we listened, but he didn't continue his
argument. I know God loves each and everyone of us, and He has asked us to do the same. I know that as we reach out in love and listen to those we are there to help, we will be God's hands in the work of miracles. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Have a good week everyone!
 

Oh, this is a seagull we got very close to, oh and some ocean.




No comments:

Post a Comment