Saturday, October 3, 2015

 The time goes faster and faster. Well, my week was good! How has yours been? My companion and I have been doing a lot of service this week, we helped split and stack wood, and clean a chicken coop, and put a water tank in someone's basement. Pretty fun!
 One thing that happened to me this week, was something that has never happened to me on the mission. We met our Branch President's sister, who was not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, at dinner when we were over at our Branch President's house. She asked us loads of questions and was inquiring to who we were, and what we were doing. We answered as best we could. She and her friend, although not of our faith, wished us luck. Not something that uncommon from people of other faiths, to wish that upon the missionaries. That was the only time we really had a conversation with them. So when
Sunday came around, we were cleaning up the sacrament table, and our Branch President tells us to go look in the back of his car. Initially I thought he hadn't gotten in an accident! I was worried his bumper or something was dented in! We got outside, and the car was perfectly fine. Some we opened up his trunk, and there was a basket just full, of food. I was dumbstruck! I didn't know what to think or who it could be from! The day earlier we had been at an elderly couples home, splitting their wood. I initially thought it was from them! So, I
opened a card that was on top. The card thanked us for our work and for everything that we're doing. However, it was signed by the Branch President's sister and friend. Never had I thought that we would ever receive something from a nonmember that we had only an hours worth of contact with.
 God is there and touches the lives of everyone. I know he loves and cares about each and everyone of us. While we aren't dieing for lack of food, I am so grateful for the help that has come through the most unlikeliest of means. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, I know He lives and will always love us. No matter what we do, or where we go, we can always return to Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment