Monday, March 28, 2016

 Hey everyone! I'm doing great! How are you? The snow and everything was almost gone, but it is snowing today, so. We'll have it for a little longer. My week has been good, went on exchange with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Alcarion. He's a pretty cool guy, we came out in the same flight group. Which was huge, we had about 24 missionaries. At the end of this transfer all the sisters go home that were in my flight group. What!
 Other than that it's been a pretty normal week of tracting and contacting, and teaching, and preaching, and working as missionaries do! Missionary work really is work. Pretty fun though. My trainer sent me a letter, he got married. That's really weird. All these people you know on the mission go home and get married. What? 
 What's been going on for you this week? Anything cool? Hilarious? Fun and exciting? Anything cool you've learned recently? I hope so! I probably sound like a broken record, but I learn new things everyday. I recently read a talk from Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church from the last General Conference called "It Works Wonderfully!" It is a pretty awesome talk and I'd recommend everyone to read it! I loved a couple of the quotes I read in it, " I know firsthand how the gospel can invigorate and renew one's spirit - how it can fill our hearts with hope and our minds with light. I know for myself how the fruits of the gospel of Jesus Christ can transform lives from the ordinary and drear to the extraordinary and sublime." and "God will take you as you are at this very moment and begin to work with you. All you need is a willing heart, a desire to believe, and trust in the Lord." I know that's true! If we let him, and if we want it, God will takes us from where we are and help shape and mold our lives into the wonderful people he knows and dreams that we'll become! All we have to do is trust him. Just like Joseph Smith did. Trust him. It truly is easier said than done, when we are in the darkest abyss we feel we've ever been in, it is hard at times to see the light. But when we turn our eyes and look towards Him, when we look up, look towards Heaven, we realize He, our Heavenly Father, has been there waiting for us to look. Never think that He doesn't have a hand in your life. He reaches down and touches every part of our lives, even when we are in that abyss, we can know that Heavenly Father loves us. He sent His son Jesus Christ to save us, to show us the way. Jesus Christ loves us and is there to help us as well. We will never reach our divine potential by sitting around and waiting him to reach down and pick us up, He is there, and He wants to lift us to our rightful place by him and our Heavenly Father, but we have to be willing to stand and grab hold. I know that is true. It takes an act of Faith to open our eyes to what Heavenly Father sees in each of us! 
 Have a great week everyone! Talk to you later!
Elder Adams
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment