Monday, March 28, 2016

Hey! My week has been a blast. How has yours been? Time is still flying. Just keeps going. Never stops.  

Let's see. This week, I gave a talk on Sunday. Pretty cool when I first got the text from the Branch President asking me to speak fro 10 minutes on the topic of the "blessings that come from being a servant of the Lord." So, I prepared as best I could. For the time I was allotted. I had no idea where to go, so I started basically Saturday night. I had my 10 minute talk down. So we got to church, and "surprisingly" everything flew by very, very quickly. By the time the Sacrament was passed and the other talk had been given, I had 30 minutes to cover. The branch President turns around in his chair, looks at me and says, "Well, you got half an hour bud." I was a little nervous not going to lie. So I got up there, and maybe this came from me having been a district Leader, having to give a 20-30 lesson every week, or from the Spirit. (Most likely that one.) But I took up 25 minutes. That was awesome. People said they enjoyed the talk, so that was cool as well! I know Heavenly Father helps us out, even if its to add 15 minutes onto a 10 minute talk. He'll take us as we are and make us something awesome! Something we never thought we could be! 

Also the snow is back. It melts away, then reappears. Winter is quick in coming and forever in leaving. 

Other than that, nothing too exciting. We did some service at the Library in town and took apart some shelves, and got to walk around in the "bowels" of the library as the guy we were working with put it. It was pretty cool, a couple of places felt like they'd be the underground at a football stadium. That was way cool! 

Have a great week! 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment