Sunday, August 7, 2016

  Hello! How are you? I'm doing great! This week was fun, and faster than I really thought it could go. Started out with a fun p-day. We played freeze tag with a bunch of missionaries. It was awesome. Then we had a zone conference. The last one with President Stoker. It was awesome and way spiritual. I learned so much. 
 Then the rest of the week was bouncing around between appointments and service. It was awesome. Spreading the gospel one way or another. I love it! I've actually, finally, narrowed down to a couple of scriptures that can now be classified as my favorite. The first comes from, Mosiah 14. This is Abinadi quoting Isaiah. The scriptures are also found in Isaiah 53. Verses 3-6; "(3) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.(4) Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.(5) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (6) All we, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all." I love this because it's true. Jesus Christ came down to this earth to do all the things he did, for us. And while he was on the earth people rejected him at every turn. It didn't change how he loved them. He still loves them and cares for them. He guides us in all we do, if we let him. And now for my absolute favorite scripture, Isaiah 40:31, "But they that wait
upon the Lord shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." I know that that is true. God loves us and he wants us to trust Him. I know if we do that we can indeed "mount up with wings as eagles" and be free! I know it!
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment